RECLAIM works to increase access to mental health support so that queer and transgender* youth may reclaim their lives from oppression in all its forms.
Reclaim partners with all youth ages 13 – 25 who are marginalized because of their gender identity, gender expression and/or sexual orientation. Through this partnership we strive to create a safe physical, emotional and relational space so that youth may reclaim their lives and identities from oppression in all its forms. We believe that the holistic healing work requires all of us to be engaged. We believe in building the leadership capacity of those most impacted and having them lead our efforts in community and healing.
Thank you for your interest in RECLAIM! Here are some ways for you to get involved:
- Contact a therapist at RECLAIM about getting support
- Make a donation to support a young person to receive accessible mental health support
- Sign up for our monthly newsletter
- Join us as a volunteer – currently recruiting for multiple board positions!
- APPLY FOR ONE OF THE TWO OPEN POSITIONS – Executive Director OR Therapist
*We have chosen to use the term “queer and trans youth” because this is how the youth we work with overwhelmingly self-identify and prefer to be named. Self-determination—including the power to define oneself—is a heavy source of both historical oppression and survival/resistance/healing. For many youth in our communities, the term LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer) is a label that has been put on them, while the terms “queer” and “trans” are chosen and preferred.